Syncing customers and subscribers with MailChimp

Hi, I’m am doing some research and I had a few thoughts so I thought about asking a few questions here and to determine whether Snipcart is the right solution.

What I am trying to do is create a website that has accepts both recurring and non-recurring customers and syncs those customers with MailChimp. The recurring ones will receive a recurring email and the non-recurring ones will receive a non-recurring email.

If I am understanding MailChimp’s API correctly, I should be able to add the customer to a list and I’m guessing that I should be able to perform a set of actions with that list (as a disclaimer I’m new to MailChimp).

I see a similar post Javascript Events - Integration with MailChimp which I think will be doable but I’d like to know if there are other ways of doing this. For example, using Zapier or something similar.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi @iwatakeshi, thanks for reaching out!

The users will be assigned to the Mailchimp customer list based on which products they buy, right? Are the emails the actual product being bought?
If so, you need to send and API call to Mailchimp upon purchase, but you also need to remove the customers whenever the subscription is cancelled.
If that’s the case, I believe a good option would be our Subscription webhooks:

I’m not sure how well they play with Zapier, but it should be possible to achieve what you need.

@nelitow Thank you for the reply!

The users will be assigned to the Mailchimp customer list based on which products they buy, right? Are the emails the actual product being bought?

You are correct. The emails are the actual product in this case.

If that’s the case, I believe a good option would be our Subscription webhooks:

Okay. I’m thinking to use Next.js as my tech stack so I should be able to listen to those webhooks but please correct me if I’m wrong on this.

Hi @iwatakeshi

Yes, I believe you can create an endpoint in Next to receive the webhook POST and then from there you send the API request to Mailchimp.

1 Like

Awesome @nelitow, thank you!

1 Like