Bulk Inventory edits

Hi

I have 30 individual products in my store. How can I bulk update their stock levels? I can’t see a feature do bulk edit.

Doing it one by one is quite painful, especially returning to the products page takes me back to page 1 of products each time!

Thanks

Hi @yescaptain,

You can overwrite your current stock and set new values by fetching your products from a JSON document as shown here. After that, if you want to keep track of your stocks, you can setup custom order events webhooks to update your stocks after each purchase.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,

Thanks @Felix

I feel Snipcart is very much aimed at the developer. I have no idea how to fetch products from a JSON document. That doesn’t look particularly user-friendly for a designer. It would be great if there was a simple bulk update button in the dashboard.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Snipcart and have it working well in my site - but much of it is confusing (especially the templates/styling) for a designer.

So how does I “Fetch products from a JSON document” - is there a tutorial on this somewhere?
Is this working through the API, doing GET and PATCH requests or something different?

Hi there,

You’re right that the bulk update scenario is quite technical, but it’s the only way to do it at the moment.

This JSON endpoint would be an URL that returns the raw data of all your products, including your products stock, all in one go. Then you could use this URL when fetching products from your dashboard and all stock values would be updated.

I hope this helps.

Don’t hesitate if you have further questions.

Cheers,