Checkout freezes on invalid email characters

Hi there,
we have noticed the email validation is not complete and maybe it overlooks strings containing diacritics, e.g. alkdjěd@gmail.com

Using this kind of malformed entry for the customer contact email will end by a crash and app freeze at the checkout, right after proceeding to the payment method.

1 Like

Hi there,

I just had a look at this in our internal logs, and the problem seems to be that the payment gateway you configured does not accept email addresses with accented chars. We’ll have to do some research on that; I don’t think stripping the accents off of the email addresses before sending them to the gateway is a valid solution across the board. Some email servers might treat them as different addresses.

In your precise case though, while Gmail does support receiving emails to addresses with accents, I believe they still enforce unaccented chars at account creation, i.e. for the main email address of the account. That means using alkdjed@gmail.com in the cart should do just fine. that’s what I would recommend for the time being.

1 Like