Digital Products - Update File

Hello,

I’ve had a few instances now where there’s a typo or other error in a digital product’s assets and I need to update the digital download product.

Currently, it seems my only recourse is to upload a new digital product and change my product listing to point new sales to it.

It’d be nice if we could just update an existing digital product’s download assets.

Hi @TorchlightPress,

I’m happy to say we’re currently working on this, and it should be available next month if everything goes accordingly.

We’ll make sure to get back when this functionality is available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, that’s fantastic! Thank you so much! :star_struck:

Is there any movement on this update? I tried to work out how to update a file yesterday and I was unable to figure it out.

Yes! They added the feature.

When you go to your Digital Products list and select an existing (not on first upload) digital product, you should see a replace button like this:

I think you have to select “Save File” after it’s been uploaded to confirm the replacement, but I’m not 100% sure… I just click it out of precaution

That’s what I assumed would work, but nothing happened for me.

However, this was when my site was in the “test” version. I’ve just tried it now (as I made my site live a few hours ago) and it seems to work :grin:

Apologies for my daft reply! Haha

Glad it’s working for you in the Live environment!

I don’t think I’ve ever tried it in Test… could be there’s a bug there or something, but I’m not sure.