No shipping required if order only contains a Gift Voucher product

We have added a gift card product in our store which is basically a digital product. We’ve encountered a problem with shipping. Because a customer may purchase a gift card as well as physical products they still need to select a shipping method.

However, if their order only contains the gift voucher then there is no shipping method required. In the custom shipping methods, I can create free shipping if the order is at a certain amount, but can this also be applied if the order only contains a specific product?

I have seen that I can create a discount on shipping if the order only contains a specific product, which is kind of what I want to do. I just want it to be free shipping.

As a temporary measure, I’ve included a note on the product page that state that if this is the only item the customer is ordering then they should select Pick Up as their shipping method as their product will be emailed to them.

Hi @AndyKnz,

You can add the data-item-shippable=false attribute to prevent this product from needing any Shipping information. You can find a bit more detail in our documentation.

Let me know if that helps,
Cheers!

Awesome @jpsirois this is now implemented and working perfectly.

AndyK

1 Like