Shopping Cart Issue - Test Mode Initially?

Yesterday and today (maybe longer), when visiting our site, Snipcart doesn’t seem to load until I actually click on the cart icon. It then shows up in test mode until I wait a bit and click on it again, then it becomes the proper functioning cart. Is this happening for anyone else?

I was on version 3.4.1, but just updated to 3.6.1 hoping the issue would go away. But it still persists. Any ideas?

I experienced it yesterday night (Europe time).
It’s probably a server-side problem.

If It happen again, I’ll check the dev tools network tab to see what’s going on.

This went away for a while, but now it’s back bad today. A solid 10+ seconds of test mode before it switched to the actual cart. Anyone else with this same problem?

Open the website, click on the cart, and:

Upon loading after 10+ seconds:

1 Like

The issue keeps happening.

The problem is that Snipcart’s API URL https://app.snipcart.com/api/sessions/8b0b25d0-1edc-4b75-aae9-1befc73e51d0 takes up to almost 11 seconds to load.

In case some Snipcart dev is reading this, the request context UUID is: request-context: appId=cid-v1:48f65c7b-986c-4ec3-89de-eb0160f55639.

I hope it can get fixed asap.

I sent an email to support and here’s their response:

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we had a large increase of requests in the last few weeks and have had issues properly scaling the servers. We are hopeful to get it done within a few days.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, it’s certainly not helping sales!

1 Like