'stock-validation-failed'

Hi,

I’m testing the inventory management on Snipcart but get ‘stock-validation-failed’ at checkout. Getting the stock through the API and using it on the page is no problem, it just fails on in the checkout stage.

• Inventory management is enabled
  • Product added through fetch
  • Stock on hand added

But the error in console is:

[Item ID] 89400139
[Item Unique ID] 0a52c4dc-efdf-4fda-8ae3-41a1836beb19
[Item Name] Kusa
[Is In Stock] false
[Stock] 0
[Inventory Management Method] undefined

Is the Inventory Management Method that is missing? Since this is a product without variations there are no settings for this in Snipcart.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

I have double, triple checked everything but am obviously missing something.

Here’s the link to the product:
https://nifty-cray-8db765.netlify.app/product/silver-wood-ball

Any help would be highly appreciated!

In addition I get the following error in console when I empty the cart even though the test shipping works during checkout:

snipcart.js:1 A ‘shipping-rates’ error occured in Snipcart.

No shipping method available for your order.
No shipping methods are available for the order. Make sure you’ve defined some shipping methods. Review configuration in Store Configuration > Shipping. See developer console for more details.

Things just gets stranger and stranger…

The solution was to remove data-item-max-quantity. Apparently this triggered the above error, very confusing.

Hi @henrikhansson,

Changing the data-item-max-quantity attribute shouldn’t affect the weight of the order. Could you provide us with some replication steps, and we’ll take a look as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Hi,

I was using data-item-max-quantity as “in stock” field. This meant that this field was populated when I fetched the product from Snipcart. Since I’m working with static hosting the field was at it’s default value, 0, when the Snipcart crawler checked the product page, triggering the error.

Took me a long time to figure this out, the error message could be more on point :wink: