Order couldn't be processed/Price of products in the cart may have changed

Since products are defined directly in the HTML markup, it could be pretty easy for a malicious customer to use their developer tools to manipulate product data and process fraudulent orders. To prevent that, we implemented an order validation mechanism.

It’s important to consider this when developing a project with Snipcart. If you get this error:

You get this error because order validation fails. You will find more information on the product causing the error in de developer logs and in the developer console of your browser.

Make sure the data-item-url points to the page with the Snipcart button if you are using the HTML crawler or to the product definition if you are using the JSON crawler.

If you are using a relative URL, make sure you set up the default domain. This URL needs to be publicly accessible. If you want to test in local development, you can use a tool like ngrok.

If you are creating the buttons dynamically, the crawler will not work since it doesn’t execute javascript. In this case, you will probably need to use the JSON crawler.

1 Like

I want to love this product, but I keep getting this dreaded error. I’ve checked the logs and see:

Found 0 snipcart-add-item elements with ids []

I hardcoded the HTML from the starry night example for the button and even created a page called “/paintings/starry-night” just to test but no joy.

Nevermind. I got it. I am using Cloudflare to serve my site and it thought SnipCart was a bot and was blocking access.

1 Like

For me, I got this error because I was specifying product URLs without a trailing slash, but my NextJS app was automatically redirecting to the same URL with a trailing slash. Hopefully this will help someone else.

1 Like

I’m using Infinity Free web hosting and they are blocking some bots, but not Search Engine crawlers: Ensuring only web browsers can access your website - Docs - InfinityFree Forum
Could it be the reason for the Product crawling error? I double-checked everything else. The Domain is set, I have simple one page with data-item-url="/", there is only one product on that page. And I’m still getting the error.

Validating item with id ‘001’ located at ‘/’ on domain ‘inmt-snipcart.great-site.net’.
Found 0 snipcart-add-item elements with ids []

I moved to another web hosting, and it works, so the problem really was the blocking of the Snipcart bot.

Is there a way to disable order validation?

Hi @Kian

That would make it very easy to change the price of a product, just changing the price with the browser inspector would be enough for a user to “hack” the site and pay whatever value for the product, so it is not something we offer.

Still, if you believe there is a valid use case for that, or if you’re running into any issue, please let us know.

Thanks.

I am also having an issue with order validation. For the past month my orders have not been coming through properly. I have tried to discuss this with snipcart support but they say the issue is on my website end and we have hit a dead end. My site is hosted on Netlify. Snipcart says the issue is when snipcart tries to crawl my website to verify the price for their order validation process, that it cannot reach my site. Snipcart support calls it “random domain downtime” on my website. My website works fine otherwise and I don’t know what could be causing this issue. Has anyone else experienced this or has an idea how to fix it? Thank you so much

The error message my customers get when trying to place orders is:

"Order couldn’t be processed.

You have not been charged. Please contact the store owner for details."

Im having the same issue, how did you fix it on cloudflare?